- January 16, 2024
- Posted by: Kimberly Bounds
This role will be hybrid (3 days in) after 4-6 weeks of full time in office.
Location: Uniondale, NY
Our client is a leading mid-sized law firm. Due to growth, they currently have an immediate need for a strong candidate to join the Finance team as a Collections Specialist, reporting directly to the Director of Finance.
- Assist Billing Attorneys with collection efforts
- Contact clients for payment when asked by Billing Attorneys
- Review aged accounts receivable for invoices requiring follow up
- Follow up with Billing Attorneys on aged invoices and offer collection assistance
- Send payment reminders along with invoice copies
- Prepare and send collection letters when Billing Attorney agrees
- Perform accounts receivable write offs when applicable and approved
- Review e-billing web sites for rejected invoices and implement procedures for timely identification of e-billing rejections
- Analyze rejections to inform/implement procedures to minimize in the future
- Maintain spreadsheets for Billing Attorneys of aged items/appealed items and deadlines
- Explore functionality of Aderant Collections module
- Work closely with Partners, Chief Operating Officer, Collections Manager, Billing Department and Accounting Department
- Ad hoc requests and special projects
- 4 year college degree
- 3+ years of collections experience
- Law firm or professional service experience a plus
- Experience with Aderant and e-billing websites a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong work ethic and motivated
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Why is This a Great Opportunity
Our client is a mid-sized law firm with offices around the country. They actively encourage equal opportunity and diversity, through mentoring, training, professional development, and public service programs. The firm offers competitive salaries in addition to a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical and dental insurance, group term life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability insurance, optional term life insurance, flexible spending accounts, Aflac, 401(k), paid time off, referral bonuses and paid holidays.
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer needs and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application
To apply for this job please visit www.myemploymentoptions.com.