- April 28, 2022
- Posted by: Angela
This position is responsible for accurately recording all day-to-day deposit transactions of the company and maintaining customer financial records. This position creates and analyzes financial reports to ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to Bookkeeping Department supervisor.
- Works closely with the Bookkeeping Department and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger. Performs all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Assist customers with Stop Payments, fraud, identity theft, account reconciliation, internet banking, mobile banking, transaction disputes.
- Assist in research projects for the bank and its customers.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
- Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Update, verify and maintain accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
- Record charges and refunds.
- Prepare a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures.
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Attention to details.
- Mathematic skills, basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment, and financial skills.
- Proficient in software and spreadsheets.
- Customer satisfaction oriented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diplomas or GED equivalent required. 1-2 years’ experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application
To apply for this job please visit www.MyEmploymentOptions.com.