Full Time Staff Accountant – (MEO-592P) ***on-site
- July 28, 2020
- Posted by: Nicole
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing financial information by researching and analyzing accounts, interpreting financial records and statements, preparing financial reports and tax returns. Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to Officer or Accounting Manager.
- Works closely with accounting team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide efficient and accurate services to individuals and businesses, including; tax services, payroll, accounting set up, financial statement preparation, and bill pay and tax preparation.
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs and programs.
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Perform monthly bank settlements.
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions.
- Prepares documentation for external auditors.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accountings procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge in accounting practices.
- Attention to detail
- Proficient use of computer and Excel and Word programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field; two years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and interaction with customers.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer need and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are a new applicant and not our current client, please fill out an application to start the process: Application