- January 17, 2024
- Posted by: Kimberly Bounds
Hybrid for Albany, NY location.
This position allows for a hybrid work schedule (a combination of remote and in-office work).
This position is responsible for serving as high level SAP FICO expert to lead and perform configuration, architecture and development of SAP and related systems with specific focus on the Finance / Costing (FICO) functionality. The role includes working closely with our global business finance team to evolve the overall finance management strategy for the company. In addition, the role will include serving as subject matter expert to junior team members, team members in other SAP/IT functions as well as global business partners in the finance teams.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Perform requirements gathering, analysis, design and lead the eventual build of projects and enhancements, including technical specifications for all FICO configuration, custom coding / ABAP and interfaces to/from the FICO modules.
- Serve as a project manager on one or more small to large projects executing SAP FICO requirements but have the ability to manage projects that also include other SAP / non SAP functional areas.
- Assist, participate, identify and/or perform configuration activities within the SAP ERP FI/CO module including Material Ledger, Product costing (PCC), General Ledger, Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Profitability Analysis, Asset Accounting, and Project Systems/Investment management.
- Serve as mentor and internal consultant on aspects related to SAP FICO to both junior team members as well as partnering with key business finance team members to continue to evolve operations related to IT Finance.
- Respond to production application and systems problems and drive or support the analysis and remediation efforts. This includes being on call and support off-hours and holidays.
- Collaborate directly with global team on support, projects, and develop recommendations to best address issues.
- Address queries and issues from users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Math, Engineering or related field or equivalent is required.
- 6+ years of direct technical experience with SAP FICO modules including configuration, customization and operation of related transactions.
- Strong technical and hands-on experience implementing and supporting SAP Material Ledger and Actual Costing
- Good experience in fixed asset accounting, profitability analysis (CO-PA), and profit center accounting.
- General experience in implementing and supporting the integration between SAP modules FI-SD, FI-MM, and FI-PP and intercompany accounting
- Experience managing, implementing, and integrating non-SAP finance applications into and with SAP
- Strong English Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Strong awareness of full-lifecycle (SDLC) development and formal change management methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, effectively interacting with others.
- Experience in off/onshore models as well as working with virtual teams and global IT and business team members.
- Conceptual and analytical thinker – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies from customers and IT team members.
The following are preferred for the role
- Finance or Accounting Background
- Implementation / Support experience in AP, AR, GL, CCA
- Working knowledge of other SAP ECC 6.0 Modules (MM, PP, SD/LE, QM, PM)
- Experience Manufacturing or business experience with a solid understanding of business operations /processes
- Experience with international or global SAP deployments
- SAP Hana (S4 Finance) implementation experience
- Implementation / Support experience in Bank Interfaces (incoming and outgoing files)
- Experience in all core SAP applications and tools including SAP Smart forms, ALE (Application Link Enabling), IDOC (Intermediate Document), Remote Function Calls, BAPI (Business Application Programming Interface), ABAP (Object Oriented ABAP), ALV, Web Dynpro, LSMW conversions.
- Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree
- Willingness to Travel – Occasionally
*** The above job descriptions and listed requirements can often change based on current Employer needs and new projects. Your assigned job counselor will provide you with the most up-to-date job information.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit myemploymentoptions.com.